Standard Catalog Passive RF Components
The environmental specifications for TRMs catalog components are based on MIL-DTL-23971 with two exceptions. Standard models are not sealed or painted. The finish is in accordance to MIL-DTL-5541, Type 1 Class 3. Therefore the requirements of MIL-DTL-23971 are modified as appropriate to reflect this seal and finish.
- Temperature Operating -40°C to +85°C
- Temperature Storage -55°C to +125°C
- Vibration, per MIL-STD-202 method 204, test condition A
- Shock, per MIL-STD-202 method 213, test condition G
- Thermal Shock, Per MIL-STD-202, method 107, test condition A
TRM manufactures, on a regular basis, custom components that are fully compliant to MIL-DTL-23971 (sealed and painted), as requested by a customer. A custom TRM part number is assigned in this instance.
When a customer specifically requests epoxy sealed components the following environmental conditions are typically applicable:
- Test, per MIL-STD-202, method 112, test condition A
- Moisture Resistance, Per MIL-STD-202, method106
When a customer specifically requests that the components are painted and epoxy sealed the following environmental conditions are typically applicable:
- Salt Atmosphere, per MIL-STD-202, method 101
- Sand and Dust, per MIL-STD-202, method 110, test condition A
- Explosion, per MIL-STD-202, method 109
When a customer specifically requests that the components are marked using engraved or silkscreened methods these conditions are typically applicable.
- Resistance to solvents, Per MIL-STD-202, method 215
TRM Microwave regularly designs custom components to meet the most stringent environments, including space. The environmental conditions in this document pertain to our standard catalog parts and can be modified as required for each project.